Tuesday, April 7, 2020

We Are Right

I see it all the time.

I bet you do, too.

People have a different view than us.
They see things differently.
They must be wrong.
Because we are right.

We shut out people with different opinions than us.
Or we shout them down until they go away.

What we have left are people who all agree with us.

We are right.

They are not.

We are well reasoned and considered.

They are blinded by charlatans or sheltered from the hard thinking we have had to do.
They don't know about the choices that really matter.
We have thought those things through and made the hard choices.

Anyone who does not agree with us is wrong.

They are foolish.
They are misled.
They might be stupid or idiots.

Or sheep.

I'm talking about software testing.
What did you think I was talking about?
Politics?

1 comment:

  1. Amen. For what it's worth, I hold the opinion that empathy is a critical skill for software testers (at least those working with other people, which I assume is nearly all of us). It's hard to provide clarity and remove ambiguity if one can't try to see what an author or developer may have been thinking at the time.

    ReplyDelete